Montag, 7. Dezember 2015

A night on the town

So this might be a bit late, but this Saturday I decided to go out and have some innocent fun , so here is my account of this weekend.




I started out right around the corner from my house at Maierbräu, which has been around for decades and thusly qualifies as an institution. As usually the atmosphere was laid back even though a foosball club had a very liquid and very lively celebration of winning a tournament and some girl and a pack of her friends were celbrating her 29th birthday. I however was not yet in party mode and my only mission at this point was to get my throat wet with the first beer of the evening.




I enjoy the atmosphere at Maierbräu because it hasn't changed much in ages. Apart from a few details like the altar or some funky hares the hole decor is still very 60ish and the people are very communicative. So after some remeniscing about the late 80ies with my neighboor at the bar, I headed out into the night to see what was up at Marat which is like the only place in Munich that has a radical crowd.



Everyone knows that if you frequent this place, the Verfassungsschutz (like the NSA) will know about it. So I smiled for the cameras as I entered and was pleasently surprised to learn that tonight was punk rock night and dinner was already being served.




In places like Marat you will very often get food during concerts that is labeled as "Volxsküche" or "VoKü" which translates to peoples kitchen. It's always vegan, and mostly unseasoned but it is always a good basis for a night of heavy drinking.



So my next stop didn't take me too far away, I just had to cross the street to go into Südstadt which is a rock pub with excellent food, foosbal tables and a darts machine. The later was my reason for going there. That and it was still too soon to go to Gruam. So I ordered a few shots and played some darts against myself which I won. Being bored with playing against myself I played against time 701 single out and scored a 5.41 run as a reference for the future. After that I was challenged to a duell which I nearly lost but then due to some clerical error won with my final turn netting me 180 points (not shown in the picture).



So the final stop of the evening was "Gruam" which translates to pit. It is a traditional bavarian "Boatzn" which translates to beer pub with conotations of shady and rundown. "Gruam" however is not a beer pub but my favorite club in Munich although its only as big as a shoebox, or a standard sized New York studio appartement.



They used to be straight electro and only open Thursday to Saturday, but then the owner changed, they opened on wednesday, the beer price went up and now the also have HipHop and Reggea nights. This night started out with HipHop which was not too bad as I could get out some dance moves I had forgoten I had and then gradually changed over to RnB and Soul and then to smooth elektro.


At some point a girl asked me if I had 3 papers and I said yes if she would let me partake in the product she was intending to produce. She agreed told me to wait for her and was never seen again ;-(




At some point I decided that it was already 5 in the morning and I had to take care of my bed so I went home on the way to which I found this amazing christmas tree.



So in the spirit of the season be jolly

Peace Out

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen